projects. . .
- ARKM Foam – Solo, multi-media + collage-based recording/performance-artist.
- BANG! BROS. – Free-Drum Machines Duo in Stereo w/ Mark Johnson (Truck Stanley). Frequently joined by Andy Allen on sax.
- FOOM & FOAM – Media Battle Showdown. Tapes vs Turntables duo with FOOM
- Illusion of Porpoise – ‘Blues’ band with Heather Downing (guitar), Lucy Watson (vox), Sydney Kinchen (bass), Foam (kid’s drum set), Kate Lee (keys) Justine Berti (guitar) + guests
- Knight Howls – Animalistic a capella theatre w/ Frank Hurricane
- Peace, Loving – Subversive super-group. Conceptual/actual Rock-Band has performed w/ over 20 different members. Many mediums melded/melted.
- Tomatoverse – cassette poppin’ duo with Joshua Burkett
- Farm Hands – Rustic improvising duo w/ Steve Norton (Bass/Baritone Woodwinds), Foam (Wheelbarrow, ‘Pitch’-fork, etc…)
- Foambidoux – Electric Bass duo x2 with Matt Robidoux
- Libras of Sound – Conceptual percussive duo w/ Greg Sun utilizing lights, spaces, and time.
- Metal and Glass Ensemble – Acoustic drone ensemble with bowed cymbals and JI glass performing most often in churches. w/ Peter Warren, Heather Townsend, Thadd Comstock, Randy Winchester, Jane Wang, David Michael Curry, Steve Norton and more…
- Three French Hens – Improv-Sound/Beer-Tasting Trio w/ Matt Samolis, Steve Norton, and of course Foam. Occasional guest appearance by Brian S. Ellis.
- Tiarella – Peripheral alterations and ecological musings with Jarrod Fowler
- Yesterday’s Jam – All-keyboard topsy-turvy jam-band with Kate Lee and Peter Kalyniuk. Jams are then remixed by individual members of the band for release
- atomfoam – previous moniker of ARKM Foam
- Bodydrama – Movement/sound improv-group led by Joe Burgio. w/ Walter Wright, Matt Samolis, Steve Norton, Betty Wang, Morgan Evans-Weiler, Flandrew Fleisenberg, Sara June, Forbes Graham, Lou Cohen + more.
- Canada Goose Tapes – Shellfish vanity label specializing in lost and distant honking on cassette and LP.
- Montana Big Boys – Possibly referring my duo with Josh Burkett or a rotating cast centered around the Westfield tree-farm garage in 2015
- N0w’s H0urs – Kate Lee and Foam’s radio show on WZBC 90.3FM. Specializing in contemporary obscuriosities, on-air performances, live media/sound collage, group parties, and meta radio dramas.
- Oh, Oh, Mints! – Genre-hopping high-school rock band w/ MJK, FJD, D-Loo, and D-Arm circa 2000, Cape Cod.
- One-Armed Mist (1-AM, OAM, One Armed Missed, etc..) – Improv-sound/performance-art w/ Walter Wright, Stephanie Lak, Mike Dailey, Forbes Graham, Steve Norton, and others
- Tri-Cornered Hat – Trio with Andy Allen (woodwinds, strings, etc) and Nick Neuberg (percussion, electronics), and Foam (bass, tapes)
- Toothwinner – Abrasive Folk-Art/Performance Art. J Huntington Chase (Banjo/Vox), Arkm Foam (Acoustic Guitar/Vox). 1999-2000, Cape Cod.
- Whitehaus Family Record – Community-based archival ‘record label’, show-space, and my home in Jamaica Plain, 2006 – 2013.
…other active duos with Mickey O’Hara, and Andy Allen… and more surprises around every corner!
the groups… Pop Rock, d_jangoR, and UncleMansionsFoam
…and guest appearances in… Tarp (tapes), Contortionist Jazz Exotica (flute), Little Howlin’ Wolf (drum), Guerilla Toss (costumery/vocals), Greg Moon Mullen (drum set), Gracious Calamity (drums), Manners (drums), Nakatani Gong Orchestra (gong), Egg,Eggs (tapes), Grizzler (tapes), Variant State (tapes/space), Many Mansions (tapes/drums), etc…
and formal improvising situations with the following previously unlisted fellows… Raub Roy/Horaflora, Vic Rawlings, id m theft able, Jeph Jerman, Tim Barnes, Angela Sawyer, Joshua Jefferson, Marc Bisson, Liz Roncka, Sara June, Katt Hernandez, Andrew Eisenberg, Jill Burton, Judy Dunaway, Forbes Graham, Mona Assayog, Turner Ramble Tamble, Ted Lee, Andy Crespo, Ben Bennet, Wilson Shook, Mickey O’Hara, Joseph Bastardo, Ilan Manouach, Jack Wright, Michael Rosenstein, Jesse Collins, etcccc… 🙂 🙂 🙂 thank you all!